Quickly and easily remove tough slag and dross buildup from your laser support surface. The Slaghog® works on Copper as well as Steel support slats and can be operated on the unused laser bed while the machine is running. Perform cleaning from one side of cutting bed with a single operator.
*Standard (1.75" min) Slat Spacing not available in 11g Cutter Size (available in 11/12ga)
**Narrow (1.25") Slat Spacing ONLY available with 11g Cutter Size
- Power: 7 Amp 120V single phase
- Weight: 44 pounds
- Overall Length: 87”
- Slat Thickness (Standard Slat): .075 - .250”
- Slat Thickness (Narrow Slat): 11 gauge (.12”)
- Slat Length: 49-80”
- Min spacing between slats (Standard Slat): 1.75”
- Min spacing between slats (Narrow Slat): 1.25”
Both versions are physically similar with the Standard Slat Slaghog™ having larger diameter cutters and the Narrow Slat Slaghog™ having smaller 1 inch cutters to fit between narrow spaced slats.
- Slat Cleaning can be performed on unused bed during machine operation
- Cleans a standard bed in approximately 15 min
- For use on most manufactures laser machines
- Dual cutters lift slag from both sides of the slats.
- Changing the cutters accommodates different slat thicknesses.
- Simple to start and stop: may be turned on or off at motor box or end of handle.
- Resettable over-current protection
- Integrated wheels allow for quick use when placing on machine
- Stores in upright position
Slag Removal Tool for use on laser cutting machines
The tool is moved along the slats on the bed of a laser machine to remove slag that accumulates while cutting. Rotary cutting tools ride on each side of the slat to lift and remove the slag. It may be used on steel, copper or hybrid steel/copper slats. When not in use it may be rolled along the floor and stored in the upright position.
The Slaghog™ ships in two pieces; power unit and the handle assembly. All fasteners are metric.
- Remove the acorn nuts and button head socket screw from the 1.36” diameter stub on the power unit
- Slide the handle on the stub with the power out cord of the handle on the same side as the plug in on the power unit.
- Plug the power cord into the power unit
- Do not plug into power before verifying the switches on the handle and power unit are off: rocker switches to O.
- Before plugging into power verify that the two switches are turned off
- Wear work gloves and safety glasses when operating
- Lift onto the machine with careUse extreme care near the cutters. Do not touch them unless the tool is unplugged
The cutter geometry is ideal for most slat/pallet bed configurations. If the fit of the cutters slats does not seem correct contact the factory to find out options that are available.